Saturday, August 13, 2011

Love Them!

Aren't they cute? I love them.



Cannon has been into stacking blocks this week. He almost got 13!



Cannon is also really into colors now and he knows them all: pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, black, white, purple, and brown (brown is hit or miss though). His favorite is orange, just like his daddy.

He has also been using words like "too," "whoops," and "now." He'll say, "Can I watch it now," or, "it's too big." He has also been talking about different feelings, mostly happy and sad. He gets very concerned when he sees someone who is sad.

One of his favorite books is Go Dog Go. There is a part that says something about the "red dog is out." That red dog looks like our dog, Blue, and Cannon was quick to notice that. He now understands the difference between Blue as a name and blue as a color. He'll say, "There's the red Blue dog."

When we moved in we were able to get cable free for two months, so we are enjoying that. After the two months, we'll have it disconnected. I love all the on demand stuff for kids. Cannon has three favorite shows: Thomas and Friends, Sesame Street, and The Fresh Beat Band.

This week we went to the beach twice. On Monday we went to Ft Desoto beach, which is the furthest South you can go on our little peninsula. Then yesterday we went to Indian Rocks again. Cannon doesn't really like the waves. He prefers it to be calm so that he can walk in the water himself rather than be carried or knocked over by waves. There were waves yesterday, but the water temp was perfect! Not too hot, not too cold.



Cannon also has a new friend, who is a girl. And he loves her! Her name is Savannah and he gets VERY excited to see her! She also has a twin brother named Micah and they are 14 months old. At church a couple Sundays ago he yelled out, "I see Nanna! Mom, I see Nanna!" Of course he did this during the prayer when it was quiet. Yesterday we went to the beach with them and when we pulled up he saw her and said, "Oh! It's Sa-na-na-nah! Oh! Oh!" And then he started gyrating around in his car seat and throwing things because he was so excited!



Rachel took this picture at the splash park last week. Savannah is usually a mama's girl, but she will let me hold her sometimes. And Cannon gets very jealous!

The other day Cannon received his first letter in the mail! It was from Clayton, or Clay Clay as Cannon says. I was so excited for him and he was so excited to open it! It's proudly hanging on our fridge now. Thanks Clay!




3 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the story of sa na na. One day she will be saying can in. Can't wait for our date this week.

Shirley said...

He is adorable. :) I love that picture of him stacking the blocks. That is a high tower! As hard as these toddlers can be, they are absolutely amazing. I can't get enough of them! I'm glad he is getting new friends and loving them! :)

Kimmie said...

oh my gosh how cute. I am so jealous that you go to the beach. I love that he has a little girlfriend. We are also honored to send him his first piece of mail. :) I like the trains on it.