Monday, August 22, 2011

Some Things You Should Know About Cannon

I could probably post something new about Cannon everyday. Whether it's him being down right annoying or being the absolute cutest thing ever. Today we'll focus on the positive.

First of all, Cannon is doing great using the potty! We are not potty training, but rather potty learning right now. There's no pressure, for him or me. He still wears a diaper and I take him potty throughout the day. I don't expect him to keep a dry diaper. We figured out that he likes to go standing up and that has made a difference.

Today Cannon did the funniest thing. We went to Walgreens and on the way out he noticed himself on the video monitor near the exit. He totally started to bust a move right there while the song, "I like to move it, move it" was playing! All the employees were laughing, as were the customers that came in. One lady started dancing with him! I wish I had my little video camera with me!

And our Mr. Man here has an imaginary friend! It took me awhile to figure it out. It's not just any friend, it's a monkey. For several weeks he kept talking about a monkey getting him (but not in a scary way). He would talk about him being in the car or upstairs, stuff like that. He does have two stuffed animal monkeys, but that's not what he was talking about. Then one day he was talking about his monkey and then he turned around and started talking to him! We don't know much about this monkey except that he must be pretty funny as he makes Cannon laugh. Yesterday we skyped Ryan's parents and Toni said that she used to have an imaginary friend monkey, with white tennis shoes!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That's how I feel! And I get so behind in posting. Great job keeping up with it! He's sure cute in his little underwear! And I totally hear you on not being ready... me not him. :) Good luck with whatever you decide! :)