I hit a new milestone in my life yesterday. But before I tell the story, let me back track a bit. As some of you know I have had some difficultly with my left leg. It's not the swelling, but a problem with a muscle that causes bad pain all day and night. It is really painful to walk and stand. This has been frustrating me because I am not able to do many simple tasks. Yesterday I needed to pick up my new prescription for insulin (yes, I have to take insulin now) and I needed some groceries too. I was dreading the walk from the car to the pharmacy and I knew it would be physically impossible to get the groceries too. But I decided to swallow my pride and try something new. When I walked inside I asked the old man, who hands out the carts, "How do I get one of those?" I pointed to the motorized carts. He said, "All you have to do is ask." I have to admit that I was kind of excited! I put my purse in the basket and zoomed off at 1 mile an hour, trying to hide the smile on my face. Despite my physical enjoyment of driving through the grocery store, I still felt foolish. At one point I saw Joy Park. Mortified that someone I know had seen me, I tried to justify myself. She told me that she did the same thing when she was pregnant and that made me feel less like a dork. Throughout my journey I got a lot of looks and glances even from an old lady who, despite being on oxygen, was able to push her own cart. I did all that I could to not draw attention to myself. When it was time to check-out, the lady walked out with me to my car. I didn't want the extra help, but was grateful that I was able to drive this thing out to my car instead of walking. The lady asked me if I was okay to drive. Of course I was! I think she thought I was supposed to be on bedrest and that I was defying the doctor's orders or something.
On Monday I had another ultrasound. Starting at 34 weeks I will get to have one every week. This time I brought my sister, Shae, with me. Cannon is so much bigger than the last ultrasound, obviously. They want to monitor him to make sure he doesn't get too big. Like every ultrasound so far, he was uncooperative. All he wanted to do was sleep and he made sure that we did not see his face. But he does have hair on his head! We saw a foot and an ear, but mostly he was happy to show us his boy parts, which he displayed proudly! That was my only picture and I gave that one to Ryan. Maybe next time we will be able to see his face. Overall he looks perfect! They estimated that he is about 3lbs 12oz, not too big and not too small.
3 comments:
A friend of mine said to try lying somewhat upside down on a steep incline but make sure to have your back supported. It might get Cannon to move off the muscle he's pushing on. At the very least it will relieve pressure for a bit. But it might also make you feel a little sick when he does move.
For the record I would have laughed if I'd seen you - but would have loved it at the same time. :-)
I always get a kick out of your adventures...you are too funny. I'd love to run into running around on a motorized scooter while you are unsuspecting it. I am so sorry about your leg. That's so crappy. I guess there is an end in sight. Hang in there. Oh and hey, if Cannon isn't newborn sized then just pass those clothes on and hopefully some day someone will have a baby that is newborn sized. I really hope he is though. :)
I LOVE your stories..will you move back please?? Anyway, you look really cute being preggo and I'm happy that you will have your baby soon! Come visit us soon here in Utah, you know where I live!
Post a Comment