Saturday, May 9, 2009

Date night!

I really surprised myself after having Cannon. I thought I would be all about the baby for the first couple months. But earlier this week I realized how much I missed Ryan and spending time with him, so we decided to plan a date night for Friday. Cannon's pedi gave me the green light to introduce him to the bottle. So yesterday I was able to pump out 4oz for him and I fed him right before we left. My mom, Nanna, stayed with Cannon. Ryan and I went to the Alamo Draft House to see the Soloist. We were met by Ryan's friend Wes and his girlfriend Amber. It was really nice to get out and to start to feel normal again. At one point I forgot I had a kid, but later on in the night I started to miss him. On the way back home we stopped at Shakes for a delicious treat. My masterpiece creation there is a sundae made with chocolate custard, then you add hot fudge and raspberries, that is topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Delicious! When we got home Cannon was hungry again. He had downed the 4oz and wanted more! My mom said his eyes got really big when she gave him the bottle and he realized he didn't have to work as hard to eat. It was fun to have a date with Ryan and I think we will make this a regular event.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I totally understand what you are talking about!!! Way to get out, it does help to feel normal again. Keep it up, the routine will come soon.

Kimmie said...

Yes, I feel ya. I am glad you got out. You need to. Good for you! I am glad you had fun. I am sure Cannon had fun getting to spend time with his grammie. :)

Dan and Merideth said...

Thats great!! im really so happy for you!

The Bradley's said...

How fun for you guys! That's so great that you felt ready to leave him and that he took the bottle! Yay! I LOVE the picture of you two! I've been trying really hard to blog more since I told you I would if I received comments!