He swats at the links that dangle above him, but he can't quite grasp them yet. A couple of times he has managed to get them to his mouth, but I think that was just luck. However, he will grasp a link if you help him and then he will put it in his mouth.
I noticed that when he gets really excited he starts to kick, so we pulled out the kick-n-drive. When he kicks it the lights and music turn on. He loves it! The music gets annoying after awhile (for me) and he still likes it even after I turn it off. Notice Blue in the background.
I caught you!
He sure is a happy kid!
Ryan took him for a walk the other day and this was the end result. This was the first time he has fallen asleep in his stroller. I know he is getting chubby, but I think this picture is a bit exaggerated.
Look at those hunky arm muscles! Okay, it's probably fat rolls. He is rolling over more often now (from his tummy to back) and when he is on his back he can roll to his side. And when he is on his side, he can roll onto his tummy. But he hasn't quite put all the actions together yet.
His hair is getting more curls!
And look...what's this? Rice cereal! Originally I wanted to wait until he was six months old to try any solids. When he was two months old, I knew he wouldn't make it until then and decided that he would probably be ready at about four months. Well, I was getting that mommy prompting all day on Tuesday to try it. So the other night we decided to try it for a few different reasons: 1)His voracious appetite has been requiring him to eat every two to two-and-a-half hours for the past three weeks-this was no growth spurt; 2)He wakes up 45 minutes into his naps because he is hungry; 3)I thought that it would help his reflux; 4)Other readiness signs have been emerging: he can hold his body up when supported, he can hold his head up, his tongue reflex is fading, and he is starting to watch us when we eat. Neither Ryan or I have any food allergies, so we weren't very worried about that. I was just hoping that he would be able to digest it properly.
He took the first bite and had a stunned look on his face. He immediately wanted more. He did better than I thought as far as keeping the food in his mouth. The first little batch I made was very runny. After he ate that he started to fuss because he wanted more. I made some more and made it a little thicker and he seemed to take it better that way.
Towards the end, I could tell that he really like it! I gave him more on Wednesday and today. He has not shown any signs of a tummy ache, so I think we're good to go! He also thinks he is so cool that he sits in a highchair now. He likes to see everybody and everything. This also gives us a new place to keep him when we eat dinner.
I also wondered how it would affect his sleeping (meaning I was hoping he would go on longer stretches). Tuesday night and Wednesday day were pretty much the same. But last night he slept 13 hours with one feeding at the ten hour mark!
He is doing other new things too. When he is tired he rubs his eyes or buries his face in my shoulder. He can scream. Not a baby scream, but it sounds like a seven year old girl screaming! He has only done this three times, so he doesn't do it very often. He is a drooler! Ryan says it's because of the acid in his stomach. Ryan salivates more when he has heartburn. He likes to suck on the washcloth when I clean him gums. About three weeks ago he let out his first laugh! He only laughs about once a day and it's usually a little laugh. It hasn't turned into a giggle yet. Cannon is definitely a daddy's boy! Ryan doesn't have to do anything and Cannon will smile at him. It's so cute!
He also has lots of nicknames: Can Man, Cannon boy, Cutest, Cutie, Cutie Boy, Canister, Chubs, Biggest, Bigs, Champ, Champion.
In bad new, he has refused to take a bottle now. Ryan used to feed him a bottle about once a day, but when we were on our trip he got really bad when offered a bottle. Now that we're home, he has all out refused it from anyone, any time of the day! He screams like we are torturing him! I have tried nearly every intervention strategy that I can think of, but nothing has worked. I still want to nurse him, I just want him to take a bottle so that Ryan and I can go on a date.
2 comments:
I can't believe he's eating solids already--but seriously, how cute are those pictures!!!!! He has THE CUTEST smile :) I love his chubby cheeks :)
Cute pictures Jefra! He's growing so fast! He sure is a handsome boy!
Post a Comment