Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Having Fun!

We have had lots of fun with my sister and her baby here. It's nice to have another adult around the house with me all day. Cannon is curious about Kennedi and he always tries to grab her, which means going for her eyes. So we are working on learning to be gentle. Kennedi had been really fussy and then yesterday we realized that a tooth popped through! And a second one is shorty behind! She's only five months old too. But now she is feeling much better and she has been so happy.

Last week we saw a pediatric allergy specialist, per Cannon's pediatrician's recommendation. After we took Cannon to the ER for croup, we followed up the next day with his pedi. I told her that I had noticed a few days earlier that he was wheezing when he was scooting really fast, not only at home, but at Ryan's parent's house and his brother's house too. She said that wasn't normal and made the recommendation. Anyway, the allergy specialist thinks that Cannon may have asthma and that the croup was a misdiagnosis. She said that asthma is commonly mistaken for croup in little kids. She also thought it was weird that he did not have any other symptoms, no fever, congestion, runny nose, etc. She hasn't made the asthma diagnosis, but she just doesn't want to rule it as virus if that's not what it was. She gave me an albuterol inhaler and a little mask for me to give him if he starts to wheeze or cough. I have to keep track of when I have to give it to him and then we will go back in mid June. She will also do the skin test to see what he is allergic to. So far I've only had to give it to him once and it worked immediately. I do think it is asthma because I have been paying extra attention to his breathing. No matter where we are it gets worse when he is crawling really fast, his form of heavy exercise. He usually has a little wheezing, but I know it gets bad when he coughs too. So we'll see what happens. His allergy specialist is hopeful that he will be able to grow out of it, especially since we caught it early and while he is so young.




My two puppies. Well, that's what Cannon thinks! Those two are always fighting over Blue's toys and chewies.


Blue fell asleep here, but she kept a paw on her frisbee.


On Saturday there was a festival just a few minutes from our house. It was SO much fun! First of all, it was free and the weather was perfect and it wasn't too crowded. There were lots of ponies and dogs to pet and a little petting zoo. They also had a train ride and pony rides, but we didn't feel like waiting in line. We caught up with Rob and Bev and their kids, so that made it more fun. JT entered a contest where he rode a stick horse during the music and he had to do some kind of dance and he won third place! It was so cute and he was super excited!


I could not get a good picture of them in the bath. Cannon's new thing is standing in the tub, so he is not very cooperative lately.


I can get Kennedi to smile and laugh at me all the time, unless I am trying to take her picture!


My little snaggletooth!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Sounds like you guys are having so much fun! I love all the pictures you take. You are amazing.

I'm glad you are catching the asthma thing early. You are such a good mom!

erikface said...

what a party! I wish I had time off work, clay and I would totally come join! Glad to hear that they are able to take are of the asthma! What a terrible thing to have to experience!