Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Children's Museum

Today we went to the Austin Children's Museum with Kristina and kids. I have been wanting to take Cannon for a long time, but I was waiting for him to walk. Once a week they have their baby bloomers program and the museum is only open for kids under age three (which makes it so nice for the little guys to run around). Well, I thought that it was on Tuesdays, but it's actually on Mondays. Despite all the big kids running around, it was still a lot of fun. Here's some of the fun stuff we did:


We played giant sudoku.


He loved the trains! He's never played with a train set before, but somehow he just knew to put the train on the track and push it. I tried to get lots of picture of Cole and Cannon together, but it's nearly impossible! And my camera was acting up, so a lot of the pictures turned out too blurry.


He was obsessed with this giant chess set. He kept carrying the pieces around, but I felt bad because there were some kids actually playing a game. But they were nice and let him play with the captured pieces.


Hiding behind a big connect 4 game


He did enjoy tearing paper and putting the crayons in and out of the box.


He loved these mirrors and kept coming back to them.


And he liked these strings too.

1 comment:

Selene said...

The Barnes and Noble also has a train table.