Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Our Orlando Adventures

My friend Rachel and I decided that we wanted to take the kids to Disney. So last Monday we packed up three kids and all of our stuff and headed to Epcot. We left bright and early and got there around 10. The kids actually did pretty well in the car and Rachel and I got to have some quality conversation. It made the drive go by fast.

This was my first time at Epcot and I thought it was great! The thing that I was most surprised about was how many characters we saw! We saw way more characters at Epcot than at Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. That made me happy because seeing the characters is really important to Cannon.

There weren't very many rides, but we did go on a few. Some of the rides scared Cannon a little, like the vikings ride. The trolls scared him. And the shark scared him on the Finding Nemo ride (he still talks about that shark!).

At some point both the boys fell asleep, but Savannah never took a nap! That left us free to explore the countries. At one point I lost my watch. A total bummer for me! We tried to find it with no luck.

By about 5:00 the kids were spent so we headed to our hotel. Ryan let us use some of his hotel points so we could get a free hotel. It was actually a lot nicer than I expected and the kids had so much fun! I think they like the hotel better than Epcot! After we unpacked I got us some Chick-fil-a, but the kids were having so much fun in the hotel that they hardly ate anything.

The next morning we ate our continental breakfast. I was impressed with the selection, but my favorite was the make-your-own waffles! We all ate a good breakfast and then went for a run. Then we showered, packed up, and headed for the Orlando Science Center.

Rachel has a membership to the children's museum here, but this pass also got us all in for free at the science center! I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say how impressed I was! There were four floors of activities and any age kid (toddler to teenager) would have fun! We didn't get to do everything and I wish we could go back. We ended up spending the whole day there, which we weren't intending to do. But we were having so much fun!


We had to use Ryan's car since it was the only one that could fit all three car seats. Plus we were able to fit both my stroller and the double stroller in the trunk!






I know, we're dorks!


Daisy


Stitch


Chip and Dale


Mater


Lightning


Woody and Buzz


We finally got to see Mickey Mouse!


Pooh Bear


Cannon could have watched this train for hours! Seriously! He really wanted to climb over the fence and play in the village.


Donald Duck


They had so much fun in the hotel! The jumped on the bed, played in the curtains, hid in the closet, and played under the table.




The science museum was so so so awesome!! It had everything Cannon is into...


tunnels to crawl through...


tunnels to run through...


and a huge toy train! Unfortunately, we didn't see this room until closer to the end of our visit. So he only got to play in here for an hour.


This train quickly became his train and he was in charge! He kept saying, "All aboard!" And he made up some game. Any kid that got on the train was subject to Cannon. He was moderately polite with the younger toddlers, but he was so bossy with the older kids!

The ride home was great since the kids slept almost all the way. I was definitely tired when I got home, but it was worth it!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

How fun! I love that you are happy to take a trip like this with just a friend. I should be more willing to do stuff like that! And it looked like so much fun! I am very impressed you got both those strollers in the trunk! He must have a magic trunk or something. :)

Rachel said...

Love the Post. It really was so much fun. Let's do the Everglades next!! (smile)

Kristina said...

The picture with Donald Duck makes me smile. I need to make it my wallpaper on my phone. I love that boy!