Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Carving Pumpkins and Going to the Beach

After picking out our pumpkins, we decided that last Friday was going to be the day we carved them. I wanted to wait longer, but Cannon kept asking me everyday when we were going to carve them and eat the seeds.  So we carved them after our night swim.  Cannon likes ooey gooey stuff, so he got his hands right in there!  Ryan is not a fan of having his hands dirty, so he gladly took pictures.

Cannon drew his face on his pumpkin and told me where to carve and how he wanted me to carve it.  We ended up not carving Ryan's pumpkin and Blue's is too small to carve.  Looking back on it, I'm glad we didn't carve Ryan's yet because the other two are already molded!  And now I remember that from last year, just how fast they will mold!  We'll have to throw them out before Halloween. We also baked the seeds with some cinnamon and sugar.  It's Cannon's new favorite treat!  Even Ryan liked them!

On Saturday Ryan's company had a family party at a trampoline arena called Airheads.  We ate junk food, jumped for a long time, and played in the arcade with our 20 free tokens.  Cannon wasn't really into the arcade stuff as much.  He and Ryan played ski ball and rode a jet ski video game, but he really just wanted to jump!  It was fun to do something as a family.

After Airheads we headed home and took naps and then went to the beach.  The beach was Ryan's idea and it was kind of last minute, but I'm glad we went!  The weather here has been gorgeous!  It's warm enough to still swim, but it's not a thousand degrees so you can play outside too.  We went to North Beach so we could bring the dogs with us.  The water was not as cold as I expected it to be, but I still didn't swim.  However, Cannon and Ryan enjoyed a good swim and Broker LOVED to be in the water!  Blue hates the water, but she was so upset that everyone was swimming away from her that she actually swam all the way to Ryan!  She's never done that! 

So upset they left her

Broker couldn't get enough!

Ryan said the water was fairly warm

She likes to dig in the sand


Still can't believe she swam all the way out there!
We had the best time at the beach. It's always such a good stress reliever and it was nice to spend quality time with Ryan before he left for his trip.  Now I remember why I like living here.  The next six months are the best!

2 comments:

The Bradley's said...

i love my bluebell! I can't believe she swam out there either! Excited to see ya'll in November!

Kimmie said...

I am so coming to visit you. You guys are so fun and you live in such a neat place.