Like Christmas, I really wanted our Easter celebration to be Christ centered. But with some fun too. We were totally going to color Easter eggs on Saturday, but we completely ran out of time. And we never did an egg hunt either. Oh well, next year!
The Monday previous to Easter, we did a family home evening lesson using our resurrection eggs that my friend gave me. Cannon was really into it and he kept the eggs and pieces in his play area for the whole week. I didn't have any meetings on Sunday morning and it was wonderful to be together and not have to rush out the door! We enjoyed apple pie oatmeal for breakfast and read from the scriptures. Cannon did have an Easter basket with one cadbury egg. I know, that sounds so lame, but Cannon was delighted to get a piece of candy! I have been knitting some bunnies for him and they're not done yet. I wanted them ready to put in his basket, but ran out of time. But don't feel bad for him. He got candy and stuff galore from church!
After church we had a lovely lunch/dinner complete with resurrection biscuits. Cannon helped me make them. Then after dinner we read the Living Christ and shared our testimonies of the Savior. This was an invitation from our stake presidency, but I think it will be a new tradition for us. We also watched the He is Risen video. We called our families and then took a nice walk outside.
And I only got two pictures from the whole day!
1 comment:
I love his bed head! I didn't know that you crocheted? I want to see this bunny when it's completed. I am glad Ryan was home.
Post a Comment