Cannon's pedi was impressed with all the things he is doing: sleeping through the night, rolling over from tummy to back, holding his head and chest up when he is on his tummy, smiling and cooing, and tracking with his eyes. She checked his belly button (now I can call it a belly button instead of umbilical cord) and said it looked great and she didn't feel his hernia. We also got a prescription for his reflux (finally!) which he takes twice a day. But the sad thing about this visit was that he got lots of shots. He had to have five! I was nervous about how he would react. I cuddled him and held his hands, which was more sad because he was so happy and smiling. He wasn't phased by the first shot, but he screamed with the other. The nurse was extremely fast and she got it done in no time. Miraculously, he took the pacifier I brought him. The whole crying time lasted less than a minute. We were proud of him! The shots didn't seem to affect the rest of his day or night, but we'll see how today goes.
Cannon is a great baby and we are so happy he is in our family. We have a pretty good schedule going for him. He wakes up, eats, plays, and goes back to sleep. He has lots of favorite things. He loves to take a bath and LOVES water. He loves the way it sounds and he loves the way it feels. I am sad that he will miss swim season this year, but I can't wait to take him next year. Being the typical boy that he is, he loves to be naked. In the evenings when he is fussy, I take off his clothes and lay him on his back. This keeps him content for quite awhile. He loves his hands and feet to be rubbed. In the evenings when I get him in his pajamas, he gets a lotion rubdown. He smiles so big when I massage his feet and hands. Cannon LOVES music and just about any kind. This is Ryan and Cannon's favorite activity to do together. Ryan plays a variety of music for him, but I think Cannon's favorite band is the Beatles. He really likes the song Blackbird, it gets him every time. Cannon loves to be outside. Unfortunately, it's been so hot and sunny here that we can only go outside in the morning or after 8 pm. Sometimes we'll go out during the day with Blue, but we always stay in the shade. Cannon's favorite toy is the mirror above his changing table. He coos and smiles and kicks his feet. He gets so excited to look at it. Cannon loves to be cuddled and sung to. I just knew that he would be a cuddly baby and I love it!
Cannon is almost a perfect baby. He does have a temper when he is mad about something. The people at church witnessed this on Sunday when I walked the halls with him. He was so loud I had to take him outside. We have also noticed that sometimes he stays angry. This only happens during a fussy period (such as the evenings). He will get content with something and if his moment is ruined, he can never go back. For example, we were at Ryan's parents house one evening. Cannon had been fussy, so I stripped him down and layed him on their ottoman. He was so happy just laying there and kicking his legs. He had been there for at least ten minutes when Toni decided to hold him. The second she picked him up he screamed. So she layed him back down, but he wouldn't have it. His moment was ruined. There have been similar situations with Ryan and me. This is something he is going to have to overcome.
Here he is this morning, getting a little fussy before his morning nap. This is when I give him to Ryan and they play some music.
He had to voice his opinions, but wait...
Here comes the yawn!
Ahhhh, relaxation has arrived.
4 comments:
What does he take for reflux? Adam is on Omeprazole (which is Prevacid I think) and it has to be compounded and the only pharmacy that compounds is People's Pharmacy and my insurance is hassling me about it.
Those darn shots. I am glad he did good. We didn't have it so well and we've got round two coming up in a week. I am hoping for a more pleasant experience. I love his little face.
He is growing up so fast. I love how children express who they are, Just like Cannon does. He knows what he wants and will let you know. That is great.
I loved hearing about his personality! He is growing into the most adorable little boy!
Post a Comment