Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Little Bit of This and a Little of That

We've just been busy and having fun! I'm lovin' life right now!

Last week I experimented and let Cannon only take one nap and now he's officially taking just one nap! I love it because we can get out of the house and do more things, like story time at the library. I also love it because (and this may just be temporary) he is actually sleeping more. He's been going to bed at 8 or 8:30 and sleeping 12 hours AND he takes a 2-3 hour nap! Okay, so this morning he woke up at 7:15, but I'll take what I can get.

On Tuesday of last week we had a spur-of-the-moment evening. Robert got tickets for the whole family to the baseball game. And best of all, it was in a suite. Sweet! Cannon ate ice cream and made friends with the neighboring fans. The weather was perfect and the evening was perfect. It was a late evening, but Cannon slept in the next morning.

Also, on Tuesday of last week, that was my last day to nurse Cannon. I didn't know that it would be my last day, but it just happened that way. I was planning on letting things go naturally and they did, but just a little faster than I expected. Cannon just wasn't that interested anymore and neither was my body. So it was pretty easy for both of us. I guess it's a little bittersweet, but it's nice to be normal again. My goal was to do it at least until he was 12 months and then we would play it by ear. I am pretty proud of myself for nursing him for 13 months.

Cole came over to play with us on Saturday. Kristina's friend from New York came to see her, so she dropped off Cole at our house to play. It's great since the boys are on the same schedule now. They followed each other around and didn't have any problems taking turns with particular toys. The age gap is narrowing, but you can see how more cognitively developed Cole is compared to Cannon. He's starting to get into pretend play and stuff like that. Cole REALLY wants Cannon to walk and he tries to hold his hand. Cannon doesn't like to be bothered in that way, so he swats at Cole. It's fun to watch them play together. They really do love each other. Both boys took a nap at 12:30 and slept until 3:15. It was perfect!

Ryan had the day off on Memorial Day, so we went swimming with Rob and Bev and the kids. This was our second time to swim this year, but this time we were more prepared. Cannon LOVES the water and he thought it was hilarious that he could be in the water with Ryan. I think we will be doing a lot of swimming this summer. After swimming, we had a BBQ dinner at Ryan's parents. We have been spending a lot of time with the whole family and I love it!

Yesterday was Ryan's last day of school! I know we are so spoiled, but we just love spending all this time with him. One thing we have been working on is having family prayer and scripture study everyday. I made a chart so that I can keep track and we have been doing really well. We have also been teaching Cannon how to fold his arms when we pray. Now if you ask him to, he will fold his arms and, as an added bonus, will bow his head too! It just makes your heart melt.
















It's so hard to get good pictures of these boys together. .





Jade loves to hold Cannon and carry him around.

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

oh cannon. He just melts your heart! I am so impressed that he folds his arms and bows his head! clay like refuses...little turd. clay is the same way with one of his little friends. Clay will swat him, but yesterday they threw rocks at the park together. i was so proud. :)

i love those pictures. You are so talented. You need to get in the pictures too..

Tiffany said...

I love the pouty face!

Kristina said...

I love the pics of cannon with his daddy!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I think he is looking more and more like you! Just adorable!!