Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Dentist, Thanksgiving, and Old School Jammin

Cannon and I went to the dentist the day before Thanksgiving. My cousin Eric is a dentist, so it's not a big deal. Although, it's kind of a big deal since I haven't been to the dentist in 11 years! I know! I have no excuses except for the fact that I am the biggest procrastinator ever! I wanted to take Cannon with me so that he gets used to going to the dentist. He happily accompanied me and hung out with the assistants while I had my x-rays. They gave him a toothbrush and a toy monkey which kept him occupied for quite a while. He sat on my stomach and watched as they cleaned my teeth. After 11 years, I have only to report a small cavity (my first, by the way) which hopefully can be brushed and flossed away. They will check it a year from now to see if it needs to be filled.

For Thanksgiving we went to my dad's house. He makes the BEST turkey and this year was no exception! He did a regular and a smoked turkey, which were both fantastic. We ended up getting a cold front in that afternoon and it got really chilly outside. I think the hallmark of the evening was roasting marshmallows in my dad's outside fireplace. I love smores and Cannon was able to enjoy that gooey goodness for the first time. He ate a few bites of one, but then he went and helped himself to the plain graham crackers and marshmallows. I don't think he cared for the chocolate.





3 comments:

Shirley said...

First of all, ELEVEN YEARS? and only one small cavity!? You are amazing! In high school I hadn't gone for 4 years and ended up with 21 cavities and three that turned into root canals. You are so lucky! :)

And second, I LOVE the video of Cannon dancing and laughing to the music. That is so cute and then the close up shot of you two is adorable! So so so cute! Ryan figured out how to turn on my alarm clock radio and turns it on every morning now. Kids and music. :)

Kristina said...

Cannon jamming out is AWESOME!

Kimmie said...

Is that the sound track we made when we's was youngins? lol. HE's so cute and happy! I can't believe you and your awesome dental hygine! Really it's suprising, but not really suprising coming from you!