I usually don't go this long without posting, but ever since I started working we've been really busy. So here's what we've been up to.
I love my job! All of the jobs I've ever had have prepared me for this one. You all know how much I love Cannon and being at home with him, but I love that my job fulfills other needs I have. I love that I get to use my skills and knowledge when I otherwise wouldn't be able to. I love that I am treated as a respected professional, as well as expert, and I am given a lot of autonomy with this job. There are a lot of changes going on at my work and they are looking to me for answers. In my previous work experiences I've always had to report to a supervisor and I was given much feedback on how to do my job better. With this job it's a little different. I do have a supervisor, but her background and education is different than mine and so she is not there to micromanage me. In fact, this is the first time they have ever had my position. Since it's a work in progress, I get to do things the way I want to (within some guidelines). There is so much work to be done. I didn't think they realized just how much help they needed and they definitely could have made this a full time position. And I would honestly love to be doing this full time, but I would desperately miss Cannon.
I'm still not fond of leaving Cannon. Sometimes our week gets so crazy and busy that I feel like I haven't given him the quality attention that he needs. He is such a sweetie and has been so flexible with everything. I've definitely had to prioritize my responsibilities so that I am not wasting time. I pretty much don't watch TV anymore, except a few shows that we TIVO and maybe an occasional movie. The house has also seen better days. I just want to make sure that I get some good playtime in with Cannon before we have to leave each day.
We've also all been sick. Ryan has a cold. I have a cold/sinus infection. Cannon got his second and third cold (of his whole life) within a month of each other. He had a cough that wouldn't go away and his asthma wasn't under control. Luckily we were able to get in to see his asthma doctor. She thought that he did have a cold, but it was a virus first that turned to bacterial. She gave him a prescription for an antibiotic and we'll follow up with her next month. Things seem to be improving with him, but he makes me nervous because that's how we ended up in the emergency room last spring.
Cannon has been just as crazy as ever with his personality. About a month ago he figured out how to open the front door! This was a daily occurrence, but it seems to have slipped his mind for the moment. However, he has also come to the realization that he's tall enough to reach things off the kitchen counter and other "high" places. So far, he's managed to get a butcher knife, a box of batteries, and open the little drawers to my jewelry box and pull out things. He's really good at opening almost any kind of lid, so we have to really keep an eye on him.
Cannon has also started talking more. He went through this language explosion thing for a few months where he was saying a new word almost everyday. I was keeping a list of the things he could say, but I stopped counting after 50. That has slowed down a little, but I've noticed that he's using his words more to communicate and not just saying random words. Some of my favorites are "help" and "up." My least favorite is, "NO, NO, NO, NO!" And yes, he always says it four times. I've been working with him on putting two words together, but he's not quite there yet. He's so close though! I did hear him say, "Mom. No." But I think it was two separate ideas. I love that his receptive communication is well established. He understands most things we tell him and I can explain things to him. This has helped to diffuse tantrums before they start.
It's a good thing Christmas is right around the corner because Cannon is in need of some new toys. He is starting to get into pretend play, which I love! He will roll his train and say, "Choo, choo!" He likes to play with guys and animals and will make flying sounds as he moves them through the air. And he likes to play with the fake food and play kitchen. Since he has been going to nursery he likes to color more than he used to. Unfortunately he likes to draw on himself, so we might have to invest in those color wonder markers. He also likes to play with legos, blocks, balls, and cars. Just your typical boy!
2 comments:
Jefra, I totally can relate to this post. It sounds like my life! I am glad that your job makes you happy! It would make thing terrible if you didn't like it. I am glad you are contributing and being used like you should. :) Oh Cannon, I love the stories. I am sorry about his cough and asthma. That is never good. I hope things continue to go well for you. You are super girl, don't ever forget it! Oh, and I couldn't see the video. boo.
Oh my how he's growing up! I love this stage that our boys are at. It amazes me constantly. I am so glad your job is going so well! I think it's great to feel fulfillment in other areas, it just makes that time we spend with our kids that much more important to us and them.
Post a Comment