
I bought this set of 5 Thomas the Train puzzles and each one has 12 pieces. Cannon is not big into puzzles, but will occasionally ask to do them. Over the last few months he has been working on mastering them. He had them all figured out but one. Last night he asked to do them. So Ryan and I sat on the couch and talked while Cannon did his puzzles on the coffee table. At one point we realized that Cannon was really concentrating on his puzzles, but we never interrupted him. He did each puzzle one-at-a-time and then he did them a second time but left them all out after each one was completed. When we looked at the clock we realized that Cannon had been working on these puzzles for 2 hours straight! He never asked for help (well once, but he figured it out) and he never took a break. We couldn't believe that he could concentrate for so long! I've seen him play for 2 hours straight, but he'll change up his play or activity usually every 30-40 minutes or so. So we were shocked that he stayed on one activity for so long all on his own! I could tell that he was proud of himself and I told him I was proud of him for working so hard for so long! A proud mama moment indeed!
4 comments:
That is awesome! Where did you get those puzzles. We really haven't done them much with Ryan yet. I can't believe he did them for two hours straight. That is amazing!
We got them at Walmart for like $5! It's actually a puzzle book, but Cannon keeps them separate from each other.
You are such a great Mommy. You are always finding things Cannon loves to do and are so patience with him.
Holy Cow! Go Cannon!!!
Post a Comment