The weather keeps changing and we had a cold winter (well, cold for Texas). We've had lots of rain, but spring has definitely sprung now and we are taking advantage of being outside as much as possible.
| Static hair on the trampoline |
In March we surprised Cannon with an overnight trip to Houston. The purpose was to take him to see the Houston symphony play Star Wars. We all really enjoyed the symphony and he seemed very intrigued and captivated the whole time. He also had lots of questions and things to think about, in typical Cannon fashion. The symphony was on a Saturday so we got a hotel Friday night in Houston since Ryan was flying in there that night anyway. We got a hotel with a pool and Cannon enjoyed his first swim of the season. I think he was happy to be able to move his arm freely and without fear of hurting it. On that note, his arm seems to be healing well and he doesn't have any problems using it.
The following week Ryan had a work trip to Houston and we decided to join him since it was Cannon's spring break. Each morning we would drop Ryan off at his office so I could use the car. We found a cool park called Donovan park and we ended up going to it a couple of times. We did more swimming at the hotel too. One day we went to a different park and ended up playing in the mud with our bare feet.
| Houston Temple |
![]() |
| Grimaldi's |
Cannon has become friends with a kid named Treyson who lives up the street. They pretty much play together every day and sometimes Treyson's older brother Tyler comes over to play with them too. They ride bikes together, explore the "forest" across the street, play Legos, and jump on the trampoline with the hose. This is just what he needed right now and it makes my mama heart happy to see him so fulfilled!
One night I went to the church for our Relief Society activity. I got a text from Ryan saying that he couldn't wait to tell me about Cannon's shenanigans. After I got home Ryan told me this story. Treyson's mom got a text from her husband saying that Treyson was riding his bike outside naked. The dad was at their older son's sport game and had received a text from our other neighbor who had spotted the boys. She said, no way, he's outside playing with Cannon. She went to check on them and sure enough, both boys were outside riding their bikes naked!!
| Bike basket contents after playing outside with Treyson for 3 hours: water colors, paint brushes, a cup, Star Wars book, jet, paper, markers, cars, Legos, blocks, and a tin. |
| Cannon and Treyson jumping in the rain |
We had a garage sale and sold Cosmo! So now we are back to being a one car family.
Cannon's first time this season in Aunt Barbara's pool. The water is still super cold, but Cannon thought it best to swim naked.
We spent last weekend in Austin. Ryan and I went on a date downtown on Thursday night. We ate dinner at a Thai food truck and then walked over to another food truck place for dessert. I think it was called Holy Cacao.
Friday was a holiday so we went to our favorite toy store on South Lamar, Anna's Toy Depot, with the intention of buying some more Legos. For almost nine months Cannon had been saving his money to buy the Millennium Falcon. It costs $150 new and he had $78 saved. They had a used one at the toy store for $85 (not including the figures) and after considering his options (he really did think about it) he decided to purchase it. We floated the rest of the cost since it was a good deal and the guy threw in Chewbacca for free. Cannon was pretty pumped about it! Afterwards we met Claudine and the kids for lunch at the pizza place by their house and then to Amy's Ice Cream. It was so fun to catch up with them and to listen to the kids tell me about everything they are doing.
Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference. For awhile, Cannon had been enjoying playing with his Millennium Falcon and then he was ready to take it apart. That took a longer than I expected! He did start to build again, but we didn't have enough time to finish it before we had to go home.
We also brought his bike this time so he could ride on the dirt hills at our favorite park.
Sunday was also Easter! That week Cannon and I had been watching the Bible videos about Christ's last week before His death and resurrection. I think he really got a lot out of that and it definitely sparked some great conversations.
It rained most of the day on Sunday so we did his Easter egg hunt inside. It doesn't seem as thrilling to find the eggs when you are an only child, but he still had fun.
| Filling the Easter eggs with fun goodies! |
| He's very excited to find the contents of his basket! |
Then a very weird thing happened! I went outside to light the grill so I could cook the chicken for dinner. It's an old grill and you have to use the lighter to get it to go. I've used this grill so many times that I don't need to read the words on the knobs to know what temperature I need (which is a good thing because all the words have faded off). When I went to light it a huge burst of flames shot out at my face, singing my bangs, eyebrows, and lashes! It definitely freaked me out, but I was mostly shocked and surprised that my skin was uninjured at all! I knew it got my hair because I could smell it and I saw black flying all around, but after the blast I was expecting to feel pain. But I didn't. I just stood there for a moment thinking about it and then went in to look at my hair. Kylene did an oil treatment for my hair, which really helped a lot. Today I got my hair fixed and it looks a lot better!
Next week we go to NYC and Ryan will have three job interviews!
![]() |
| New style! |





No comments:
Post a Comment