Monday, June 1, 2015

NYC

We took a family trip to NYC mid-April, for a few reasons.  Ryan had a business trip that week, plus his job interview.  Cannon and I accompanied him and we scoped out different neighborhoods and parks.  I had a feeling that we might be moving there and so we toured the city, not just as tourists, but as future residents.  It turns out that Ryan was offered the position and we felt right about accepting it! I've been researching NYC neighborhoods, schools, and family living for the last five months just in case we would be moving there.  I am glad that I have all of that accomplished so we can focus on looking for housing in the neighborhoods that will work for us. I feel completely at peace knowing that everything will come into place at the right time.

The week that we were there was their first warm week of the year.  Having a long cold winter will definitely be something that I am going to have to get used to! I am not a fan of cold weather, however I am also getting tired of the summer heat here (and when we lived in Florida).  I am very excited about our upcoming move and our new adventure! And another big plus is that Ryan won't be travelling anymore! I will be very happy to have him home every night!

Very early flight!
The view from our room at the Double Tree

St. Patrick's Cathedral
We took the Staten Island Ferry to get a view of the Statue of Liberty




Our view of Manhattan from the ferry


Random dog on the subway! But this picture makes me happy because I know how much Cannon loves animals!

He found two boys to play with at Washington Market Park in Tribeca

Grabbing a hot dog from a stand in Central Park--take notice of the other hot dog (that he also stopped to pet)

We went to a restaurant that only serves macaroni and cheese! Complementary Lactaid pills!

A highlight was going to the Empire State Building! Cannon said he felt like the tallest person in the world! He really loved being up there!






We pet this bunny at Fort Tryon park!

 
Cannon climbed to the top of this cliff! He loves climbing so much!
 
Another highlight was visiting the American Museum of Natural History!


Of course M&M World...another of Cannon's favorites!
Our last morning there we played games in Bryant Park.  It was a perfect morning and I was so sad to leave!

No comments: