Friday, February 20, 2009

The Ant Hill!

Several weeks ago we noticed an ant hill forming at the top of our driveway. I know this because I stepped in it. We also noticed that as the days went on, the mound became bigger and bigger. I was going to poison it, but my laziness got the best of me. One night I noticed that some kid had left a beanie-baby crab in our driveway. Being the weird people that we are, Ryan and I thought it would be funny to put it on top of the every growing ant hill. We joked that these carnivorous ants, set to take over our house, would tear apart this poor crab. Well...they didn't eat it, but they buried it! It took about three days, but each morning we watched the crab slowly disappear before our eyes. How can we poison such creatures!

On a side note, my glucose intolerance test came back high. So now I have to go back and take the three hour test. Yipee.






3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is one big ant hill (more like a mountain). Good luck on your next test.

Work in Progress said...

Those are freakishly large ants. I am a little creeped out...and I live 90 miles away.

I very much enjoyed our dinner tonight, by the way...

Heather said...

I like that flag. It's a nice touch!