Friday, February 27, 2009

Gestational Diabetes

So, yesterday I went in for my three-hour glucose intolerance test. I had to fast overnight and be at the lab first thing in the morning. They took my blood as a baseline before I drank the yummy glucola, and then three more times (once every hour for three hours). I left the lab hungry and with bruises on my arms. The results came back today, gestational diabetes. So now I will go see the endocrinologist on Tuesday and they will teach me how to manage my blood sugar. Fun stuff! There are worse things I can think of to complicate a pregnancy. At least this is very manageable and will most likely go away after the baby is born, so no worries!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am sorry that you have to deal with this. I am happy to read that you are taking it so well. Good luck.

Kristina said...

Oh no!!!!!! Stinky, stinky! No more juice for you! I swear you got the sickness and now the diabetes. Hopefully the next will be easy-breezy!!