Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

On January 7th, Ryan and I celebrated our four year anniversary! Since it was on a Thursday, we planned to go out on Friday. So Thursday night we watched the very sad UT game. Let me just say two things about that game: 1)Alabama almost lost to a true Freshman; 2)we would of crushed them if Colt wasn't injured. Although we were expecting a win, we still have a team to be proud of and Garrett Gilbert is going to be awesome! Anyway, on Friday we ate dinner at Flemings. Luckily we had a gift card, otherwise we couldn't have afforded it! We had made reservations, so there was no wait. And luckily we found a good parking spot because it has been FREEZING here (in the 20's)! Neither of us ordered a steak, I had the salmon and Ryan had the pork chop and a side of garlic mashed potatoes. Ryan's pork chop was huge and thick and it was served over shredded apples. We were very pleased with both of our meals! For dessert we ordered the chocolate lava cake. It sounds incredible and it tasted incredible! It was chocolate cake, but when you got a piece the whole inside was gooey, like pudding. It was served with vanilla ice cream, fresh raspberries, and cream. I think this might come close to beating BJ's triple chocolate pizookie (okay, maybe it's a tie!). Since we have been trying to save more money, Ryan and I rarely eat at restaurants now, but if we do we usually have Cannon. So this was such a treat for us! And being the thoughtful son that he is, Cannon slept in until 9:30 the next day!

In other news, Cannon and I have been sick with colds. He got it first then gave it to me. This time it was for real. He had a little runny nose about a month ago, but it was hardly anything. But this was a full on cold with congestion, cough, and lots of mucus. He's had some fussy moments, but he's still been mostly his happy self. He did scoot backwards the other day, but he won't go forward. And I have caught him lifting his hips off the ground when he is on his belly. So's he getting a little closer to crawling. He also started to move his head from side to side when I sing the Wheels on the Bus. It's really cute! Sometimes he does it when he's looking at himself in the mirror. Cannon has also decided that he prefers to feed himself. So now I have to give him small pieces of food in addition to what I'm feeding him. He is getting really good at feeding himself and sometimes he hardly drops anything. He will eat ANYTHING if I put it on his high chair tray. I still give him cereal mixed with fruit as part of his breakfast and dinner. For breakfast he will also have cut up fruit. He is not a huge breakfast person, so I keep the portion smaller. For lunch I make him baby food veggies plus some cut up fruit and something else. I bought some tahini and he likes to eat it on bread, so sometimes he'll have that for lunch. For dinner he has his cereal plus whatever we're eating (as long as it's something he can have). He has a HUGE appetite for dinner and sometimes I just have to stop giving him food because he will keep eating. I still nurse him five times a day.


My little mischief maker!


This is his current favorite toy. It's a Fisher-Price bumble bee, but it's one from a long time ago. Ryan and his sibling had it when they were babies. It's kept at Ryan's parents house, so he only gets to play with it when we go over there.


He likes to stand now. He also kneels and holds onto his toy box.


We watched Cole on Thursday so Kristina could go to her OB appointment. I love watching these two together! Cannon was all decked out in his longhorn clothes, ready for the game.


Cannon scoot himself all the way under the table and Cole wanted to copy. It was funny because he kept crawling over Cannon.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary. You are so lucky to have such a cooperative baby. I am just happy when my girls eat anything. I wish I had known about these strength exercises when Ada was younger, that would have helped so much.

Shirley said...

Happy Anniversary!! We just had our 4 year in August. It goes by so fast, yet seems like it was forever ago. Sorry about the colds. We experienced the same exact thing about a month ago. I was wiping mine and Ryan's nose constantly. Finally we had to get a humidifier to help for Ryan. It went away quickly after that for him, but stayed around for me.

That's awesome that he's still nursing. Ryan is wanting to nurse less and less. The most he will eat is his early morning session. The rest of the time I can barely get him to stay on for the let down and last night he didn't want his before bed session at all. Makes me feel unwanted, lol. Cannon sure is a cutie! he has the cutest smile!

Heather Guymon said...

Yay for anniversaries! We just celebrated our 7 year in December. Cannon is getting SO BIG!!! He is absolutely adorable!

Sarah Leonard said...

Happy Anniversary!! You're 3 years and 1 week ahead of us! : ) Our 1st anniversary is this Sunday.