Monday, January 25, 2010

My Baby is 9 Months Old!

Where has the time gone? Cannon turned nine months on the 21st. I can't believe that he will be turning one in a few months. We had his well check on the 22nd and here are the stats:

Weight: 21lbs 2oz - just above 50th percentile
Length: 29'' - 75th percentile

Cannon was so cute with his nurse and doctor. He always has lots of smiles for them. He was such a wiggle worm during the whole visit. If I held him, he wanted down. So I sat him on the table, but he tore up all the paper and started eating it. His weight has really slowed down from his 6 month well check, but he keeps growing tall. Ryan and I think he looks skinny. He's not really skinny, but he is starting to lose some of that baby chubbiness.

He had to get two shots, the polio vaccine and a flu shot booster. They also drew blood from his finger to check for anemia. He didn't even flinch when they poked his finger, but she had to squeeze his finger which bugged him. He whined a little, but then he started watching the nurse squeeze his blood into the vial. It was kind of funny. He cried for his shots, but not for very long. I think he got his feelings hurt because he kept looking at the nurse like he was wondering why she did that to him.

I love Cannon's personality! He is such a cuddler and loves to give hugs. And if you ask him to give you a kiss, he will lean towards your face with his mouth wide open. I love it, even if it is so drooly! He has noticed stuffed animals, or anything else that has a face. He will give kisses to them and talk to them! He has also started to give high fives.

He is a champion eater. I still haven't found anything he won't eat. He is nursing four or five times a day and eating three solid food meals. He also likes to drink water from a sippy cup. He will also take a formula bottle if we want to go out. But I think we will just stick with using a sippy cup when I stop breastfeeding him instead of going to a bottle. The only problem we have with feeding time is the bib. He hates wearing a bib and so he will pull it off. But he looks you right in the eye while he is doing it because he knows he supposed to leave it on. He can't take off the ones that snap in the back, but we only have two of them. Today I didn't put a bib on him for lunch, but he started to tug on his shirt because he thought it was a bib. Silly guy!

He still sleeps pretty well. A couple of weeks ago he started sleeping 11.5 hours straight, from 7:30 pm until 7am. I was excited was pretty excited about it, but then he regressed. He started waking up again at weird times in the night, but I think it was from teething. I don't mind feeding him at 5am, because then he sleeps until 8 or 8:30. He is taking two naps a day, with each one lasting about 1.5 hours. Sometimes he will sleep for two. He is really good about falling asleep on his own, which makes things pretty easy. I have officially stop swaddling him in any way. Now I just lay him on his belly (which is now his preference) and I cover him with a small blanket. He's not a crazy sleeper, so the blanket is usually in the same place when I come to get him when he wakes up.

He definitely has toy and book preferences. He loves balls, drawers, cords, dog toys, tupperware, socks, ring stacker, trains and cars that move, paper, keys, phones, remote controls, animals (real or toys), electrical outlets, and rugs (just to name a few). His top three books are: 1)CAT, 2)So Big, and 3)One to Ten Pop up Surprises. If you are reading to him and he sees ones of those books, he will forget about what you are reading and reach for the one he wants. The cat book has a page where there is a cat hiding in a boot and when you pull the tab, the cat pops up. This is his favorite page and when we get to it he immediately pulls on the boot to look for the cat. And he thinks it's hilarious when the cat pops up.


The weather here has been gorgeous, so we have been taking advantage of this!












No he is not sitting on a cliff and he is not alone! I photoshopped Ryan's hand out of the picture.


This is his first true bubble bath! The first thing he did was try to eat the bubbles.


I think we went overboard on the bubbles and we both got lost!







Cannon loves this fox! We play peek-a-boo with it and he gives it kisses.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh Jefra, he is so ridiculously cute. What a sweetheart! I wish Jilli liked to cuddle!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like every mother's dream child.

erikface said...

He looks so grown up! I love your post and honesty. i love to hear that clay isn't the only baby who loves outlets....bugs me tyring to keep him away from them. He sounds so advanced. i love the kisses! wet and open mouth is the best. How fun that he talks to his animals. what a cutie! Love him! oh this is kim, not erik!

Shirley said...

He is so cute! All of your pictures are amazing! It sounds like him and Ryan would like playing together, they like all the same things! :) Ryan's weight slowed down a ton at this point. I guess it happens to most babies! He sounds so cute with all the kisses and stuffed animals. All Ryan likes to do with them is throw them out of the crib. I think having them be friends to Cannon is much better! :)