Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Year to Remember

This has probably been the fastest year in my life! Once I had Cannon, time froze for me. I feel like we just got out of summer. That's probably why I was completely unprepared for Christmas this year. I can't believe it's 2010! I'm not ready to start a new year, or a new decade! Ryan likes to remind over and over again that I will be turning 30 this year. Ugh. Granted, I have until December, but it's still THIS year. Actually, we never really got to celebrate my birthday. Ryan got really sick on my birthday and it lasted for four days. I have never seen him so sick and he doesn't ever remember being that sick. Once that was over, then it was Christmas. Oh well. We are going to celebrate our anniversary this week anyway. I was in freak out mode for my birthday this year. The last time I did this was when I turned 22 and I felt like I hadn't accomplished all that I wanted to. So I don't know what the problem is this time. I'm finished with school, I'm married, and have a kid. Time just goes by so fast. I feel like I just got out of high school a few years ago. I used to look at people in their 30's and think that they were real grown ups and that they had they act together. But I'm not really a real grown up! I'm just faking it!

Anyway, this was probably the biggest year of my life, next to getting married. I have to say that being married was an easier adjustment than having a baby, but what an amazing blessing!

Here's the decade in review:


I moved to Austin in July 2001. This picture was actually taken in 2005, but I thought it was a cute one of my dad and me.


I caught the record rainbow trout that summer (2001, I think) at Diamond Lake Oregon.


I became a nanny in 2002 for Cade and Carl.


I made new friends. I am the Spartan cheerleader down in front.


I babysat Sydney, the wallaby, for a few weeks at my house.
I went to UT (University of Texas), graduated, then went back, and then graduated again in 2007. I have pictures from my undergrad ceremony, but I can't find them. I didn't attend my other graduation.


I met Ryan in 2002, but we were just friends. We went on our first date in 2005 and got married in 2006.

I have lots of regular photos, but I don't feel like scanning them. We also lost a lot of pictures when Ryan's lap top died.

Here's some highlights from this year:


This is Christmas last year (2007). Look at my little baby belly. We had just found out that Cannon was a boy.


Ryan grew a mustache.


Blue became part of our family in March. She was a spur-of-the-moment idea and Ryan brought her home in his backpack.


Here are the "four" grandkids at my baby shower. We will welcome two more in the next couple months!


Then we got our baby! A little early, but the timing ended up being perfect!


This is our first family photo.


Ryan grew a beard.


After eight flights and six hours in the car (round trip), Cannon went to Utah twice and Idaho once. He also got to meet his new cousin, Kennedi.


Oh how I love to watch this baby grow!





This list could be a hundred times longer! We have had many great adventures this year and we're looking forward to all the new ones this year.

3 comments:

The Bradley's said...

I love all the pictures and you look so different from 2002 to now! I hadn't even realized that's it's a new decade and you're right!! I've been so distracted with this move that I wasn't thinking!

Heather said...

What an awesome decade you had! I love all your pictures!

Kimmie said...

I love what you chose to remember...super cute family picture of your guys at the bottom. :)