Friday, March 4, 2011

I Want to Remember This

I updated Cannon's baby book the other day and I realized that I don't want to forget these little moments and the funny things that Cannon does each day.

One of my favorite things he does is his prayer face. Any time we tell him it's time for prayer he does his version of closing his eyes and folding his arms:


Hilarious! I don't know why he has to open his mouth too, but we chuckle each time.

Awhile ago I bought Cannon a potty seat and a potty chair in hopes of planting the seed of "potty learning." I know he is nowhere near ready to actually be potty trained, but I thought this would be a comfortable way to ease into things. He tells me when he has gone potty in his diaper and he used to sit on the potty, but now he refuses. I got a Mister Rogers potty book at a garage sale and it's one of his favorite books right now. It's actually a pretty good book, but Cannon wants to read it over and over and over again. He still won't sit on the potty, but he has figured out other ways for his seat to be useful:


Ta-da!

A couple of months ago Cannon got really interested in animals, particularly farm animals. I had intentions of taking him to the zoo, but the weather or time always got in the way. For Christmas we had given him a little barn set with animals, which at the time, he wasn't very interested in. One night he just started playing with it. He made the animals do things, he was talking to them, and putting them where he wanted them to go. It was really fun to see him take his play to the next level. So for a couple months we read about farm animals and talked about them. The other day we went to Half Price Books and on the way there I told him to think about what kind of book he wanted to get (I kinda just said that not really expecting any result). Well, we looked at the kid books and I showed him some that I thought he would like, but he wasn't really interested. Then all of a sudden he kept saying choo choo book. I thought maybe he saw one, but I didn't see any. I looked through the books and found a Thomas and Friends board book and it was love at first sight! So now it's all about trains. He loves that book so much he wants to sleep with it. I did let him watch a Thomas and Friend show. It's only 18 minutes long and he only gets to watch it once a day. He get SO excited to watch it every morning after breakfast. And the other day we went to Zilker Park to ride the train, but you've heard that story.

Cannon has also been interested in who is a boy and who is a girl. Today he pointed to Ryan and said, "Daddy is boy." I guess that was his first sentence! He always points to himself and says boy and he points to me and says girl. But he still gets confused if I ask him, "Cannon, are you a boy or a girl?"

Last weekend we had Cole and Lyla here while their parents were in Florida. This was the first time Kristina has left them overnight, but they did pretty well. Cole was super easy. He did really well and didn't get upset or have any tantrums. Lyla did pretty well too, but she was teething and I think she really missed her momma by the last day. I'm mad at myself because I didn't get any pictures when they were here! I did try, but my battery was dead. Cole and Cannon got along pretty well. They loved playing together and getting in trouble together. At times, however, Cannon did get jealous and protective of his toys, which came out in the form of hitting. But he did getting better at waiting for his turn with things. He usually got jealous when I was holding Lyla, but he had some nice moments too. It was like one big party with all three kids, but we had a fun time together.

1 comment:

erikface said...

I just smiled through this post, oh canny. It's interesting the things they get. Love the prayer face, that's classic. I hope he keeps it for a very long time.