That's right, weekend! It all started on Friday night. Ryan and I had previously planned to go out to dinner on Friday for a date night. Cannon was already asleep when I got home from work, so we left pretty quickly after that. We got Mexican food, nothing special, but it was so nice to get out! Afterwards I told Ryan that I wasn't ready to go home yet, so we just drove around. He suggested a movie, but I said it was too late. So he pulled into a parking lot and said, "Then I guess we'll just have to go to a hotel." What? He drove around to the back and parked the car. I had some serious questions about his motives at that point. He kept telling me that we would stay at this hotel. I thought he was acting crazy. Then he got out the key and opened the back door to the hotel. I couldn't believe it! Then I asked him if his parents knew about this (they were baby-sitting). Of course they did and apparently, Ryan had been planning this for two weeks! But you also have to know that Ryan does not do surprises. It's not that he's against them, he just never surprises me with things. So this was a BIG surprise for me! He had already checked into the hotel earlier in the day and had also packed me a bag. Upon mentioning my overnight bag I asked him if he brought chocolate. Sure enough, I opened the fridge and there were two big pieces of Truluck's chocolate cake (my favorite), a fork, a glass, and a carton of milk. If I had my camera with me I would have taken a picture. I couldn't believe how thoughtful everything was! He also got the hotel room really cold, just how I like it.
So Friday night was awesome and Saturday morning was awesome since we got to sleep in until almost 10. I really don't remember the last time I've been able to do that - a really long time ago I'm sure! After we left the hotel we got breakfast tacos and donuts for breakfast. When we got home Cannon was playing in the backyard with Toni. He was happy to see us, but it wasn't the warm welcome I was hoping to receive. Toni said he never asked for us at all, but Blue missed us.
That night we had planned a family dinner at Buca di Beppo. We were celebrating Bev and Burke's birthdays as well as Mother's Day. It was really nice to relax, talk, and have fun together. Cannon, the little Italian he is, devoured the baked ziti! I think he had almost four servings.
So then Sunday. Unfortunately Ryan woke up sick and he stayed home from church and rested. Church was nice, we got chocolates and some cookies. After church we headed home to grab some stuff and then head to my dad's house. Ryan came with us this time. We let Cannon play a little outside before he had to take a nap. We put him down at 2:00, thinking he would only sleep an hour and a half. We were supposed to be at my Uncle Dennis' house at 3:30 for a BBQ, but Cannon ended up sleeping until 5:00! So we were a little late, but they saved us some food. Cannon had a great time running around and playing. Blue did too, she thinks she's one of the kids. Then we went back home and Rick and Kristina got here a little after 6:30.
So that was my weekend and I think it was great!
3 comments:
That is so awesome!!! Ryan was so thoughtful. What a sweet hubby! And I absolutely love those pictures. You are gorgeous and have the cutest little boy! Happy Mother's Day!
I love this family picture with Cannon and Blue's huge smiles!
What a sweet man you have there. I'll have to have Russ read this entry as a hint :)
Post a Comment