On Saturday there was an Easter egg hunt at the home of an older couple in our church. We were invited and decided to go and try to meet some new people. Their property is beautiful! 10 acres of land, fire pit, barn, pond with fish, and lots of grassy areas for playing. Cannon thought the egg hunt was fun and then we enjoyed lunch with everyone. It was great to meet some new families and enjoy the gorgeous weather and scenery.
| FAKE alligator! |
We have 1:00 church now and love it! I didn't think I would, but now we have the whole morning to relax and enjoy our time together. We get to play and have lunch before church. It's really working out so well. Easter Sunday was no different. Cannon's Easter basket had some candy and a book I made him. Then we made crepes, which has become our go-to special occasion breakfast. Cannon loves cracking the eggs and pouring in the ingredients. After breakfast I put on some churchy music and the guys wrestled on the floor for a bit. We read from the scriptures and talked about the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Church was very inspiring. Cannon felt more comfortable this week and ended up going to his class this time. He was also looking forward to being sung to in primary because it's going to be his birthday. He said, "Mom, make sure you tell the president it's my birthday tomorrow." After church we had dinner at Lynn and Barbara's house. It's been a long time since we've had a big family dinner! All the food was amazing and it's always a pleasure to just be with family.
| We don't have a couch yet so I put his basket on the table in the upstairs foyer. |
Of course I meant to get a picture of us before church, but it didn't happen. But here's one of our fabulous dinner! Aunt Barbara really put a lot of effort into the table decorations and it turned out so cute!


1 comment:
It's so green there! You always live in cool looking places. I am so glad you have family close by again.
Post a Comment