Ryan doesn't really get into holidays, but I was so excited for Cannon's first Halloween! When we found out we were having a boy I immediately planned for him to be a puppy for Halloween (if it was a girl, then she would have been a kitty). I didn't realize that it would be so hard to find a puppy costume, at least one that didn't cost $25. A few weeks ago I found one at the Goodwill. But after we tried it on Cannon, we realized that it was too small. It was the kind that didn't have legs, it was like a sack. It was only too short, so I decided to make legs in it and a place for his feet to come out. Because I do things at the last minute, I waited until this morning to alter it. The end result was very silly looking, a puppy wearing floods. So then I spent the rest of the morning looking for a puppy costume. I finally found one at Target and it was on clearance! The biggest size they had was 6-9 months, and Cannon barely fit in it. I have to say that he makes the cutest little puppy! But he hated it! He didn't cry, but he sulked the whole night and had a disgusted look on his face. First my dad came over to see Cannon in his costume. Then we went to trunk-or-treat at church. And finally, we went to Ryan's parents' house where we met up with the other cousins. I knew Cannon was too warm in his costume. It was 73 degrees today. But as the sun went down it got cool and then he was okay.

Too small!

Cannon with my dad.

He had this look the entire night!


We got one smile, thanks to my dad!

Some more pouting.

Cole was a pea pod. He actually liked his costume!

Not the best picture, but it's the only one I have of Cannon's first trick-or-treating with his cousins and his grandma. Jade is Dorthea and JT is Ironman.
We had a pretty fun night. Cannon was sure glad to get out of that costume and take a bath!
6 comments:
OH my gosh I can't stop laughing at how adorable Cannon was in his costume!! I was hysterically laughing at the first costume! I have NEVER seen my mother dressed up before! She looked so cute!
Too funny Jefra! You went all out on his make up and I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the picture of him with his dog bowl! Looks like you all had great fun!
Oh my gosh! Funniest thing ever! He was an adorable puppy! Love it! You are so clever.
He is so cute!!! I love his face paint. He totally has that sad puppy dog look too. Love it!
The first attempt was pretty funny. It was a nice try! haha.
OMG he is so freakin cute!!!! he looks so sad ha ha
Super cute! The paint on his face is cute.
Post a Comment