Cannon also turned 10 months old on Sunday, which is insane to me! We are already starting to plan his birthday party!
I guess things haven't changed too much since last month. He is able to scoot forward on his belly, like an army crawl. His PT pointed out to me that he only uses one leg to do this resulting in an asymetrical pattern. This is one thing we will be working on. But he is getting pretty good at his crawling and he can crawl over couch cushions and other things. When he's standing at the coffee table he can cruise one side, but he can't go around corners yet.
He LOVES to read books! Anytime he is fussy or sad, I'll just pull out some books. It's funny because he definitely has likes and dislikes. If he hates a book he will smack it down immediately! His favorite books right now are: anything lift-the-flap, Baby Einstein Mirror Me and Language Nursery, Here Are My Hands, the 10 Little Rubber Ducks, Fish Eyes, Baby World Playtime, I Love Colors, So Big, Cat (but he pulled off the tail so I have to fix it), and Dear Zoo.
Cannon and Blue have become quite the pair. Their mischievous act today included Blue retrieving a huge dryer lint ball from the laundry room and sharing it with Cannon. Yes, they both ate it. Speaking of eating, Cannon will literally eat anything. This includes carpet, hair, fur, leaves, old food, paper, string, rope, and other unknowns. It doesn't matter how many times I vacuum or how clean I thing the floor is. He will always find something!
As for real food, he can eat almost anything (even without teeth). We are holding off on citrus and tomato foods until he turns one. I let him try a clementine and he threw it up. He has also tried peanut butter and he seems to be okay with it. He still can't have anything dairy. Ryan and I let him have some pancake and he threw it up. I haven't given him any yogurt for a long time and I haven't given him cheese at all. I think we will use goat's milk or coconut milk when he turns one. He has had coconut milk yogurt and he is okay with it, but it's just so expensive. I've also given him plain goat's milk and he's okay with that too.
He sleeps well and goes down pretty easily. He prefers for either me or Ryan to put him to bed. He will let someone else, but he'll fuss for a few minutes. Separation anxiety has started, but it's really not as bad as I was expecting it to be. I totally thought I would have a complete mama's boy! Oh, and he has started sleeping with a stuffed animal. Over these last few weeks I have let him sleep with different stuffed animals, but nothing really stuck with him. Until Carmel. Carmel is a stuffed animal puppy that I got for Ryan a long time ago when his real dog, Sugar, died. Now Cannon loves him and he gets so excited when he sees Carmel in his crib! It's really cute. Cannon really likes anything with face on it. He even has a small truck that has a face and he smiles at it and talks to it.
I had a really hard time with this month's photo session. Cannon thinks he is supposed to crawl everywhere instead of stay perfectly still for me. I ended up sitting him on top of a chair or stool, which didn't always work. So these photos didn't turn out super fabulous, but they are still cute. On Sunday it was gloriously beautiful outside! It was sunny and very warm, so we spent some time outside. Cannon pretty much wears the same thing to church every Sunday because I refuse to buy him anymore winter church clothes at this point. I purchased his Easter outfit a while ago and I just had to put it on him. His white Easter outfit. I know the rules about babies and white, but I ignored it. I was just so excited that I got him dressed before his first nap, which is also before lunch. Of course 30 seconds after I got him dressed he spit up on the collar and proceeded to spit up six times more throughout the day. I even ignored the warning take off his white shorts while he ate lunch, which resulted in squash stains and an emergency wash and dry right before church.
Trouble!!!
Notice the tongue roll!
One picture of me.
It was sooo nice outside on Sunday. While Cannon's shorts were drying, we went outside. He would not sit up in the chair! The camera had a weird setting, so the pictures came out very bright.
3 comments:
I love the pictures! I think that it gets harder and harder to make them sit still - especially if you are by yourself! My mom helped me with our last ones and they turned out MUCH better than month 10. :) Cannon's smile is so handsome! I can see his eyes twinkle. I love that tongue curl. He is a cutie!
Haha, the lint story reminds me of Emmalee and Little Anne. Little Anne had been smelling the garbage all morning, and when I left the room she got into it. Both Em and Little Anne grabbed things and "hid" under the dining table to eat them. I just had to laugh.
Aack! He is looking so big. I must see him SOON!!!
Post a Comment