Friday, February 26, 2010

Let It Snow!

On Tuesday we woke up to a very RARE event in Austin. Not only did it snow ALL day, but it stayed and didn't melt until the end of the next day. We got about two inches, but cities further north got many more inches. And I have never seen snowflakes so big! They were as big as silver dollars! Kids were able to build actual snowmen and I saw lots of kids sledding on the hills by our house (they used their boogie boards). Cannon and I went out in the morning when it just started. I really thought it was going to melt by the end of the day, but it just kept snowing! I wish I got more pictures because it really looked like we were in Utah.


Cannon actually really liked the snowflakes. I wish we had taken more time to play in the snow that day. We rushed outside in the morning to take this picture because I didn't think it would last very long.

Also on Tuesday, we had a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Beverly. Our friend's six month old daughter was thrilled with Cannon's presence. Cannon, on the other hand, was not quite sure what he thought of her excitement! He later stole her bow and tried to pull her pony tail.


This is an actual candid picture of Blue. She was attacking the blanket and took a moment to pause for the camera.

And in other news, Ryan's sister, Kristina, had her baby late Thursday night! Lyla Noel was 7lbs 3oz and 20 inches long. These are the only pictures I have, but I will get lots of pictures when we go visit them next week. Last month they moved to College Station, which is about two hours from us. So Cannon and I will go and help take care of Cole.


Isn't she cute? I think she looks a lot like Cole.



1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love this post! So cute! I love the videos too. The last one was hilarious! I especially liked Cannon's sock in his mouth. :)